Series: DISTANT BUYING. Covid Practices
Coronavirus may be with us for a while. Many of our practices predate the Covid outbreak & the industry has added to these.
‘STAY OUT OF MY HOUSE UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION’ – Yes sellers, you can do this!
Here are recent tools and trends:
- Many if not most home tours currently are excluding ‘tire kickers’. Most “agent remarks” in the MLS now require buyers have &/or submit:
- pre-approval (proof of ability to purchase) to set a viewing appointment.
- submit a Covid disclosure w/ proof of funds prior to confirming appointment.
- bring no more than 1 agent and 2 attendees into the home.
- touch nothing upon entry/ tour/ exit
- have mask over nose & mouth during tour, gloves & shoe/foot coverings.
- open nothing, switch on/off nothing
- have inspector &/or later ‘touch’ inspection after acceptance of offer
- inspections that typically have only the inspector and a videographer present for such, not ‘anyone and everyone’ as in the past.
- buyer home tour waivers that require those viewing home attest they have “…during the last 14 days, [not] … been exposed to, diagnosed with or quarantined as a result of COVID-19 or have experienced a fever, cough, shortness of breath … [or other such symptoms] “
- Offer packets will acknowledge Covid with realistic contingencies
- For Buyers:
- For Sellers:
We still use these “Virtual” tours, distant purchasing, pre-screened services as we have for over a decade:
- We create a private YourSpace247 portal – similar to banks, only better.
- Post/ email on-market & sold comps for you.
- Offer ‘we drive & video the area, you watch’.
- For sellers, we offer ‘walk thru buyer tours’, for buyers as well if available and appropriate.
Especially of use for our of town buyer and sellers:
- With comps we post many photos & videos as needed to discuss with you.
- Live spreadsheets.
- Walk thru tours with your inspector, licensed contractor, etc, with QnA during the walk about, encouraging your input.
- Documents live to your portal (and/or email) for your evaluation/ sign/ return, etc.
- All these types of processes are in place, thru and including closing.
An example of how this actually worked? We had a buyer from CA purchase a lakefront home here in SE MI without stepping foot in or having driven by the property.
SAMPLE WALK THRU:
example is from a home we sold.
LOTS of apps we can use or not as you are comfortable with: pdf creators, smartphone doc scanning, google docs, Skype/ Line, TeamViewer, Zoom, Google meeting, etc.
More info: Docs and FAQs | Buying
Ready to “get going” & view some homes! Take my Buyer Interests Survey now!
* Anibal Group LLC does not offer legal advice. This article is not to be considered advice specific to your situation. Most financial decisions should involve advice from a trusted professional of your choice that will advise on insurance, legal, banking/ lending, structural/ property condition, and other transaction significant matters. We can offer referrals for CPA’s and other professionals.