SERIES: The ‘Portfolio Approach’ includes access to spreadsheets. I have thousands of spreadsheets I’ve created to assist clients…thousands. To help you organize your thoughts, there a quite a few templates that interact, to assist and give value. Some examples of these ‘multi tab spreadsheets’ would be to assist:
- buyers – valuations/ closing costs/ pricing/ estimated time to market, etc.
- sellers – valuation/ checklists/ comparing
- investors – compare/ value/ track ROI/ tax issues
- landlords – rehab costs/ ROI tracking/ management feedback/ tenant interactions
- home economics – this is usually the start point for customers / clients. With this tool set, we can do what the mechanic does with a scan tool, what the doctor does with a workup, and what your insurance agent does with their annual feedback form. Lets take a quick look:
By the time you see these, they’ve no doubt been updated.
One great advantage for you will be that these are ‘live’ and interactive. We can edit formulas/ ‘what if’s/ and make clarifying graphical changes to your taste, in real-time, during a phone chat!
Look at the tab names on the bottom. What can you think up that I can assist with?
IN RELATED SERIES POSTS: I’ll share REAL ESTATE and ENTITY ‘frequently used tools’.
Tools have been created to help assist if you have, had, or are considering any of the below:
- … income property?
- … a small business or 1099 contract income?
- … an entity such as S-Corp, LLC, or Partnership?
- … using property as home office, land storage rental, pole barn use, attached apartment for related/unrelated, or VRBO.com style letting?
- … college (or other) housing for student/ child?
- … providing housing for parent?
- … vacation/ seasonal property that may have mixed use?
- … relocation related to work?
|Notes to us||Post notes/ links/ calculations here for open activity.|
|INCOME TAXES||Note to you||We’ll post questions/ notes/ links/ calculations here for open activity for your feedback.|
|Quick estimates||Quick estimating. Useful at anytime either YOUR situation will change OR tax law OR both.|
|Sched C||Track your business income/ expenses|
|Sched E||Track your rental income/ expenses|
|Miles||Useful for repetitive re-occuring trips re: mileage travel.|
|Miles/ Meals||Useful when overnight stays are part of mileage travel.|
|Home office||Useful for local mileage and for rentals/ home office deductions.|
|1099 info||Sample uses: Keep track of your year to year 1099’s being issued. Share info here if you wish these prepared.|
|IMPROVEMENTS||Assets||Useful for insurance coverage, for buy/sell tax calculations, and for rentals/ home office deductions.|
|SSA_Est.1||Plan your SS payout timing and spousal options during earning and/or payout. Consider using Roth before taking SS.|
|CREDIT||PswdMgr-Budget||Make passwords easy for you/ hard for others. See your monthy & annual needs. Compare balances to pay down more quickly.|
|AlaCarte-TxSvgs-RNW||Preplanning a buy/ sell transaction can save you thousands. Request further information.|
|DOCS_Reviews_Tax||Document tracking. Simply copy/paste doc links from YourSpace.|
|Parse & total stmts||Copy/ paste your CC or Bk Stmts and easily total payee/ categories. Once setup m akes a breeze of use.|
* Anibal Group LLC does not offer legal advice. This article is not to be considered advice specific to your situation. Most financial decisions should involve advice from a trusted professional of your choice that will advise on insurance, legal, banking/ lending, structural/ property condition, and other transaction significant matters. We can offer referrals for CPA’s and other professionals.