Selling a house ? Its about 1 buyer, not ‘hits’, not ‘showings’. Meet & Discuss
Here’s some of the worst mistakes sellers make.
- Pricing too high:
- The big reason I use an in-depth approach model to a pricing range is because I feel is THE Most important aspect of the selling experience. Buyers have had their search app set to send them updates. Overprice and you’ll show up in searches of properly priced homes. ‘Days on market‘ ? What does this mean to you? No other brokerage uses our valuation model OR our approach to prevent the ‘stale’ listing.
- Fist impression:
- Flowers, lawn, edging, lights (if eve). If it doesn’t draw the eye away from the next house, buyers have already started to look for reasons they don’t like the inside once they step through the door.
- Making the place ‘sell – ready’:
- Selling a house, car, or garage sale items … dirty, and non-functional aspects are over emphasized the potential buyers mind(s). Clean and fix as if you are looking to buy it! This includes emptying storage areas and staging…without clutter. You’re not selling a candy bar – do the work, glean the $’s.
- The inspection, do it before the offer(s):
- Sellers that won’t take my word for it should get an inspection up front. Why? You can present it as part of the marketing material and avoid the offers that try and hustle the seller after tying up the house with ‘nit pick’ things that you should have attended to before. Fix it, or disclose it before they write – thank me later.
- Taking feedback as a personal attack:
- Why are sellers shocked that buyers also want the best deal? Its numbers. Lets update the valuation spreadsheet, then as dad said ‘tell them what you WILL do, not what you won’t’…. the house is sold, if you want to buy it back, state your price.
Do those home sites make you wonder what you are getting.
- Lots of ‘hits’! Are they qualified buyers or just ‘photo surfers’?
- Lots of showings. Ready to act buyers? … or agents using your house to compare against?
- The data you need to make a big decision.
- ‘Drill down’ marketing to bring ones that really want your place (and will pay for it).
- ‘Property Specific’ (not plug-n-play):
- Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that takes more than a few minutes. Most are very over-simplified. Zillow reviews.
- Pre-listing ‘to do’ list.
- Website that showcases your property ONLY without distracting ‘click-aways’.
- Marketing using specific demographics & interests unique to your offering.
- Videos of your property and area.
- Your own portal space – 24/7 access.