1. We want to test the market. For how long ? Whats the exact plan, 90 days ? And the 91st day? Price reduction– 90 days worth of potential buyers gone.
2. It costs too much. Staging costs virtually always less than the first price reduction…and carrying costs. ?
3. We can’t, we’re living in it. .. common misconception..
4. We didn’t have to stage any of the other properties we sold . Once you could generate three offers by 5 p.m. the same day your Realtor put the sign in the yard. Not now.
5. Everyone loves our house . Sellers are often baffled .. amazed that buyers have found things they don’t like about the property.
6. We can clean the carpets and declutter without someone telling us how. Do you know what separates “clutter” from “asset”? And what about traffic flows, highlighting architectural features, updating, and appealing to your target market?
7. We have no desire to remove/change our ____ (wallpaper/mirrored tile/gold faucets/paneling/dated light fixtures . . .). neither do buyers. Be ready to sell at a deep discount.
8. The view will sell this place. Then why many months later are these great view homes/condos still on the market?
9. We would rather let the buyers makes their own paint/flooring choices. And that equals a price reduction, double or triple the cost of these items and reflect that in their discounted offer price–which includes inconvenience.
10. Our home is professionally decorated. … tailored to the owner’s particular needs. Does it work for the new buyer’s needs?
… consult with a professional home stager before listing your property for sale.